Thanks for your interest in This Girls Story!
Board Member Job Description
The average time commitment for board members is 2-4 hours per month, with a 2-year tenure.
This Girls Story board members will be asked to :
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- participate fully in one or more committees