Thanks for your interest in a Marketing Internship with This Girls Story!
We are looking for a Marketing Intern who can provide some social media support (roughly 35%) with a passion for amplifying teen girls’ voices!
8-WEEK Internship – Immediate opening
YOUNG WOMEN IN HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE THROUGH AGE 19:
Make an impact on the future for women and gain hands-on experience by managing marketing campaigns using social media for This Girls Story (TGS). TGS is a nonprofit girl-led digital magazine, showcasing content from all who identify as girls, ages 13-19, surrounding a designated theme for each quarterly issue.
Under the supervision of Marketing Manager and Executive Director, support the digital media program in the development and implementation of outreach and promotional campaigns. The duties and responsibilities of a Marketing Intern include:
- Use marketing skills and creative freedom to develop long-term marketing campaigns
- Assist with the design and execution of marketing campaigns by using social media
- Create weekly and monthly marketing calendars to promote organization brand on various outlets
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, videos, and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns
- Seek networking opportunities to expand organization outreach (This can benefit intern through making personal networking contacts too!)
- Coordinate with TGS team for events
This is a remote position.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in marketing and at least six months experience managing social media for a business, organization, networking group, hobby, etc., using at least two of these platforms:
- Instagram (established)
- Facebook (established)
- LinkedIn (established)
- TikTok (would need development)
- SnapChat (would need development)
Experience and ability in reaching both teen and adult audiences considered a bonus.
Internships do not provide compensation or housing.
However, we offer
- mentorship from social media professional
- assistance in placements for the future through
- resume advisement and letters of recommendation
- scholarship application assistance
- will work with institutions to help meet requirements for credit
- option to continue for spring semester
- professional connections and networking training
- career growth networking opportunities
Interns must be able to maintain confidential information.